On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:03:33 -0800, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> While posting code and stack traces where you're having a problem is
> part of the purpose of a user list, posting code examples is not
> really the main point of why were here.  This particular posting was
> on topic for an ongoing discussion, but the size of it strikes me as
> being at the borderline of being problematic.  This mailing list is
> both popular and active, and many subscribers have to pay for their
> network traffic by the number of bits received.  So, please be
> sensitive to those considerations when you decide whether to post big
> chunks of stuff directly, or post links to them.
<snip/>

There's a website that's specifically for sharing code in newsgroups
and mailing lists.

http://rafb.net/paste/

>From their FAQ:
"A 'nopaste' site allows people to paste chunks of code for others to
view. This is useful for situations such as asking for programming
help on IRC, where it is frowned upon to paste chunks of code to the
channel or to individual. With a nopaste site, the user pastes his or
her code to the site and is given a url to provide to others so they
can find the code. "

You paste your code there and you're given a url that you can share.
The code that's shown is syntax-highlighted for readers.

Hubert