On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 11:04:23 -0800, Dakota Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Frankly, I think that this thread was, until the sardonic and biting
> interjection about "very poor etiquette", one of the better ones I've
> seen recently.  It is interesting that anyone could defend this
> objection.  (I should say that Hubert's offering is not seen as a
> "defense" but as informative.)
>
> Jack

I wasn't being sarcastic in the least ...

I'm not against the exchange.  I just feel it could be delivered in a
form that's friendlier to everyone.  While some of you appreciated the
code posting, there are many who don't - I am among them - and it is
(historically) extremely poor etiquette.

Ideas may be exchanged with minimal code.  There are tons of places
where code may be displayed - and those alternatives are actually a
lot easier to search than this mail archive.

Perhaps nowadays it is commonplace for people to make such posts, but
it has not always been the case - and it really should not be done.  I
didn't invent the custom, I just follow it.