> Which is why the use of an interface instead of a class makes
> no sense.  It merely makes bad coding possible and does
> nothing else for you.

I have to disagree.

If I have a constant pool in a class, i have to protect it from
instantiation (giving it private constructor) and give it a special name, so
it's clear for my co-developers, which both means more work to me. An
interface is uninstantiable by definition (since there are no classes which
implement a constant interface).

So it at least saves some work time and makes the code understandable.

There is also another side effect of using class instead of interfaces. If
you start import static variables from classes, how do you know what you
import, a constant from a pool, or an implementation-specific value?

Regards
Leon