Kishore Senji wrote:

As I use Jakarta Velocity I cannot use static fields such as
org.apache.struts.Globals.MAPPING_KEY

Please take a look at FieldMethodizer, which allows access to static
fields from the template
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/api/org/apache/velocity/app/FieldMethodizer.html

Thank you, I know it.
Unfortunately it forces the Actions developer to wrap all necessary object with FieldMethodizer. In other words it means *another rule* to follow during development.

As I work with 5-8 people team, I know by experience that less rules means better work. That's the reason why I prefer an approach like the extension of the StrutsLinkTool: one programmer extends it and the JSP/VM writers just know, as natural it is, they have an extended $link object into VM pages.

NO RULES JUST FEATURES!

Gp