i thought the property attribute is required in the html:text tag.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cedric Levieux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 6:02 PM
Subject: Re: A table on a form from a List of Lists

So if row is a list try this

<logic:iterate id="row" name="myForm" properties="listOfRows">
  <logic:iterate id="myField" name="row">
  </logic:iterate>
</logic:iterate>

directly

----- Original Message ----- From: "Olasoji Ajayi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 5:37 PM

the second iterate will treat row like a bean and will try to retrieve the
value of property called list of fields and it will result in an erroe
because the row is actually a List and not a bean and it does not have a
property called listofFields. and i dont think html:text works without a
property attribute

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cedric Levieux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 5:27 PM

> And by this way ? > > <html:form action="/myAction"> > <table> > <logic:iterate id="row" name="myForm" proprties="listOfRows"> > <tr> > <logic:iterate id="myField" name="row" proprties="listOfFields"> > <td> > <html:text name="myField"/> > </td> > </logic:iterate> > </tr> > </logic:iterate> > </table> > </html:form> > > but the problem is that you didn't know which row is the parent of a
field

> ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Olasoji Ajayi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 5:02 PM
> Subject: Re: A table on a form from a List of Lists
>

>> if this works, it will take care of writing the table to the jsp but i
> need
>> an html input type of field so i can also set the properties of the
>> ActionForm by editing the fields and submiting the form.
>> ----- Original Message ----- >> From: "Cedric Levieux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Rabago"