Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 9:41 AM
Subject: Re: newbie problem

Robin Ericsson wrote the following on 1/25/2005 12:18 PM:

Ok, sounds like a good idea, my next question would be how do I get the data set in the first form from the execute method of my action?

Various ways. You can set all the properties individually or use BeanUtils to copy them from some other object into your form. In execute...

FormBeanName myForm = (FormBeanName )form;
myForm.setWhatever(....)

or simply if you need to copy the data from a value object into your form

FormBeanName myForm = (FormBeanName )form;
BeanUtils.copyProperties( myForm, myValueObject);

-- Rick