Cedric,

No doubt it is confusing.  I admit it is an odd requirement.

The WS response has to contain the URL that was used to access the WS.
This is a requirement of the XML Schema that defines the WS response
payload.  I have no control over this.

So when the WS call comes in the Axis-based call dispatcher invokes some
of the business objects that are shared by the Struts app.  The business
objects eventually create the WS response DOM.  One of the attributes has
to be the URL that was used to reach the WS.

So if at startup my Struts app can figure out the URL  it can configure
the business objects with the SOAP URL and then the SOAP dispatcher can
pick up that value to throw into the response DOM.

Hope that makes sense.

--Marty