On Jan 27, 2005, at 19:20, Jim Barrows wrote:

I'm speaking of frameworks that do a lot of the work for you, which
Rails seems to.

Hmmm... ok... so when you say that, and under some circumstances, "CRUD direct mapping doesn't work" you barely implies that direct mapping of database record to what someone calling himself "Martin Fowler" call "Active Record" is not a 100% solution as far as your experience goes?

http://www.martinfowler.com/eaaCatalog/activeRecord.html

Which is what RoR does in its own way:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/show/ActiveRecord

Of course, if you simply forget about "record" and think in terms of "object" (ActiveObject perhaps?), all is well in the kingdom, right?

Also, I fail to quite see what any of this as to do with either Struts or Tapestry in the first place... does Struts or Tapestry concern themselves directly with such mundane persistency issues? I was under the impression that no, they don't. Did I miss something?

Cheers

--
PA, onnay equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/