Kishore,

This turns out to be the exact solution that I require.  I just extended
AxisServlet and scrape off the "requestURL" which is the URL that was used
to reach the WS.  That did the trick.

<offTopic>

And again, this illustrates what I consider a flaw in the Axis
implementation.  If you look through the Axis source code they drag the
HTTP Request right to the door step of the dispatcher and then choose to
NOT pass it along to the dispatched method.  I am not sure why.  Surely
access to the request would benefit some WS methods.  Oh well.

</offTopic>

Thanks for all of the input.  I got a lot of help from this group.  Sorry
to have taken up so much bandwidth.

--Marty