Seems to me you have the form name incorrect?  is 'formName' the name
of the form, or is it a String holding the name of the form?

I think you'd find it easier to populate your list in an action.

Perhaps you meant to put:

If "formName" (above) is the name of your form, I think this is what
you're aiming for.  Otherwise, supposing you're using the html-el
tags, you're going to wind up with the value of the variable
"formName" (presumably an object) evaluated as a String ... which
probably isn't what you're after.

HTH,

Eddie

--