Samsara!

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:21:51 -0500, James Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>sorry if you thought I was being rude</snip>

<snip>come to think of it, I'm sure other people</snip>

<snip>In addition to that, this discussion should have happened a year
ago</snip>

<snip> (back then) you might have an easier chance at convincing
> someone to agree with you</snip>

<snip> Hopefully that someone would have commit rights.</snip>

<snip>Being a committer does not mean you've gone from
> unimportant to important.  That idea is actually quite absurd, yet there are
> many people who believe this</snip>

<snip>See, what makes some peoples opinions more
> valuable than others is more about quality and quantity of their
> participation (comments and patches) than whether they have commit
> rights.</snip>

<snip>For those who don't know what the term "FUD" mean,
> Google is your friend.  It seems that every post these FUDsters make is
> either some sort of distorted mis-information or an outright lie.</snip>

<snip>You can generally find these people by looking at the patterns
of discussion
> threads.  If your mail client can sort mail by thread (tree view), you'll
> notice that these FUDsters often attempt to participate in a discussion, but
> are generally ignored.  You can tell this because the thread always dies on
> their response, and sometimes picks back up from someone else's comments.
> The fact that a FUDsters comments are usually half thought out and laughable
> doesn't deter them from coming back for more.</snip>

<snip> Many times FUDsters are 'put in their place' by some respected
member of the
> group, and this angers the average FUDster, but since they are generally too
> hard headed to accept friendly criticism, they lash out until someone with
> authority tells them to "can it!".</snip>

<snip> On the other end of the spectrum, there are some people who are
committers
> and are technically in an "active" status here and/or other projects, yet
> they haven't participated in the community in years except to further their
> own personal agenda.  These people do not count as "important" in my
> book.</snip>

<snip>
> Sorry for the long post, I hope I don't make the "people who post long
> messages are buttholes because I can't afford DSL" list ;)
</snip>

"Heaven has changed.  The Sky now goes all the way to our feet.

~Dakota Jack~

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this