Depends on your database. Most db's like MaxDB, Oracle and so on which support sequences can retreive the current value of the sequence after it has been used.
Usually something along the lines of <SEQ>.CURRVAL for Oracle. Typically you can only use it if you've used the sequence in the first place (can't remember if true or not).
Not sure if MySQL can do that.
HIH.

Brandon Mercer wrote:

Hello,
Ok, I've got another off topic question :-P. That's two in a day! Three strikes and I'm out. lol Anyhow, I am inserting information into a database and I need to get the auto_increment value from my first insert and use the value it returns to create an entry in another table. Does anyone have a code snippet that they could show me? Thanks,
Brandon