Makes sense, thanks.  Somewhere along the line I got it in my head that
all static vars are bad.  It makes sense that they wouldn't be, I guess I
just got it in my head that they are always bad and never really
questioned why.  If nothing else, that quote you references says it all
quite clearly.  Thanks!

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect