On Feb 01, 2005, at 21:16, Larry Meadors wrote:

HAHAHAH! I just inherited some code with a pile of inner classes, and
I have to say I agree with you on that "sorry freak of nature"
comment. Still not sure I dig static ICs, but am willing to give them
the benefit of the doubt...for now.

Static inner class is perhaps a misnomer, as they get tainted by associations with their degenerated cousins, the "inners".

In a nutshell, static don't share anything with their enclosing class except being in the same source file. Think of them more in terms of "packaging" then "semantic".

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/