On Friday 04 February 2005 22:53, Soaring Eagle wrote:

Check the syntax of your struts-config.xml. The one you
posted is heavily mixed up. In fact it's not even well-formed
XML, with odd nestings, closing tags without a start tag,
illegal attributes and the like. I'd recommend to drop the
current version and rebuild it from scratch, using a
working version (like the one from the examples) as
a template. Keep special heed of proper nesting, the
cardinality of elements (0..1 <form-beans> or
<action-mappings> sections, for example), correct
attributes and the fact that order is important when it
comes to XML (top-down).

HTH,
-- Chris.

If it were a classloader problem, the server would
tell one by issuing ClassNotFoundException messages
and the like. It has no reason to lie, so missing jar
files are obviously not the cause here.

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to write my first Struts application. I keep getting
>
> SEVERE: Parsing error processing resource path
> /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml <Feb 4, 2005 4:45:23 PM EST> <Error>
> <HTTP> <BEA-101216> <Servlet: "action" failed to preload on startup
> in Web application: "". javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Parsing
> error processing resource path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml

[CLIP!]