A shot in the dark here: Are the request params in SecurityFilter still
around if you forward to a Struts action.

Say like this? (I do this, but I don't try to access the params).

  <login-config>
    <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
    <form-login-config>
      <form-login-page>/do/LoginRequired</form-login-page>
      <form-error-page>/do/LoginError</form-error-page>
      <form-default-page>/do/SuccessfulLogin</form-default-page>
    </form-login-config>
  </login-config>

If so, it should be pretty simple...