Oopsie, that should have been LazyValidatorForm.  That was part
of my problem.  Thx.

I took a look at using the FBC, but I was very clumsy.  What
would I put as the ActionServlet in
createActionForm(ActionServlet)?

BTW, I was able to get it to work.  However, I would rather have
it work correctly if possible.

--- Joe Germuska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 9:08 AM -0800 2/9/05, Norris Shelton wrote:
> >Here is the entire contents of my init method:
> >if (form == null) {
> >      form = new DynaValidatorActionForm();
> >}
>
> You can never simply instantiate a DynaBean and use it; it
> needs to
> be configured to know what it's properties are.  (Well, the
> LazyDynaBean is changing this, but...)
>
> You should use Struts' normal mechanisms for looking up a form
> bean
> instance.  Since Struts 1.2.1, the FormBeanConfig object has
> acted as
> a "factory" for beans, so this means looking up the FBC object
> and
> calling it's "createActionForm(ActionServlet)" method.
>
> ModuleConfig has a findFormBeanConfig(String) method; you get
> the
> current ModuleConfig by calling
> ModuleUtils.getInstance().getModuleConfig(HttpServletRequest,
> ServletContext);
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Joe
>
> --
> Joe Germuska
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://blog.germuska.com
> "Narrow minds are weapons made for mass destruction"  -The Ex

=====

Norris Shelton
Software Engineer
Sun Certified Java 1.1 Programmer