Brian McGovern wrote the following on 2/18/2005 9:05 AM:
I want to frame out messages in Application.properties like this:

err.userexists=The user __UserName__ already exists. Please try again.

What im wondering about is if there is either a built in mechanism in struts to handle that __UserName__ replacement. Maybe {0} or something? Or should I just do a manual string replace hack in my controller?

In struts resources file: ------------------ label.dork.name={0} {1} Is Dork Of The World

on JSP
------

JSTL way:

<fmt:message key="label.dork.name">
    <fmt:param value="${firstName}"/>
    <fmt:param value="${lastName}"/>
</fmt:message>

Struts bean:message

<bean:message key="label.dork.name" arg0='${firstName}' arg1='${lastName}'/>

--
Rick