Pham Anh Tuan wrote the following on 2/17/2005 10:56 PM:

I don't know clearly about functions of Nested Tags. I have not used it before. I read in struts.apache.org about it, and all I know is it's somthing like logic ...

plz, show me the powerful ability of Nested Tags

Well, I'll put the onus first back on you...

Here's your structure.. you have List of Company objects. Each Company Object has a String name and a List of Department objects, Each Department object has a String name and a List of Employee object and each Employee object has a String name.

Now create a web page that has one form that will display all the companies (from a companies collection), and the departments underneath, and the employees in each department AND you can edit the name at any level... you can edit department names, employee names, company names, all from one form and submit and have you intial collection of companies all properly updated.

Show me how you would create the form input for an Employee name that you'd need to modify that is nested in the set up above? I've done it before using JSTL, it's just not nearly as clean. When you come up with the solution to the above, you'll see how Nested tags really help.

-- Rick