From: Brian Moseley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2005 2:13 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Tiles scope headache assistance still needed.

Jason Long wrote:
> I am still no closer to a solution to my problem with tiles.  I will
explain
> the scenario again in hopes that someone will provide some insight into my
> problem.

i can't see anything with what you've provided. you should
try getting this working with the smallest possible example.
define a test tile which imports an attribute, and include
it into a jsp putting the attribute.

the following works for me:

  <definition name="layout.standard"
              page="/layout/Layout.jsp">
     <put name="nav" value="/layout/Nav.jsp"/>
  </definition>

Layout.jsp:

   <tiles:importAttribute name="nav"/>
   <tiles:insert attribute="nav" flush="false">
     <tiles:put name="id" beanName="id"/>
   </tiles:insert>

Nav.jsp:

   <tiles:importAttribute name="id"/>