Hi folks,
Three days until iteration deadline, and I have a frustrating bug! It's almost textbook - I have a simple logon page (username/password) which includes a <html:reset> button which works nicely ... unless I press 'submit' with known bad input and come back to the form with Validation errors.

In that case the user can clearly see their input is somehow bad, thanks to the message, but when I click 'reset' this time, it does nothing? The fields continue to show the bad values.

I've only been using Struts a few days, and this feels like a FAQ, but I've not found an answer anywhere. I've a notion the values it's resetting too are actually the bad ones still held in the dyna bean, but I'm not sure how to correct that.

Any ideas? Please? What is the obvious thing I'm missing?

Gory details; tomcat 5.5.4, struts 1.2.4, jdk1.5.0, red hat 7.2:

struts-config.xml:
==================
  <form-beans>
    <form-bean  name="logonForm"
                type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">
                <form-property name="username" type="java.lang.String"/>
                <form-property name="password" type="java.lang.String"/>
    </form-bean>
  </form-beans>
    <action path="/logon"
            type="com.swanlabs.action.LogonAction"
            name="logonForm"
            validate="true"
            scope="request"
            input="logon"
            unknown="true">
      <forward name="success" path="/placeholder.jsp"/>
      <forward name="failure" path="/logon"/>
    </action>

validation.xml:
===============
<form-validation>
  <formset>
    <form name="logonForm">
      <field property="username" depends="required">
        <arg0 key="logon.label.username"/>
      </field>
      <field property="password" depends="required">
        <arg0 key="logon.label.password"/>
      </field>
    </form>
  </formset>