Hi Tim,

Scott's response pretty much covers the meat & potatoes. The leading "dot" naming convention is optional; some folks use it to clarify path confusion among Struts webapp files. I personally don't; the "dot" delimiter within the name does the job well enough for my usage.

HTH,

Curtis

Tim Christopher wrote:
<definition name="page.login" extends="base.definition">
   <put name="title" value="Login Page" />
   <put name="body" value="/jsp/loginBody.jsp" />
</definition>

I believe it is convention to place a leading . at the start of the
definition's name.  This signifies where the leading / would be if you
used slashes.  It'll work perfectly well without it though - just
remember that if you change it you will need to update all of your
paths in the struts config file too.

You may also find it useful to use
'org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction'.  This action will
automatically forward to the path / definition given as the parameter,
ie. the code below loads the page associated to the definition of
..public.welcome in the tiles configuration file.

  <action
     path="/welcome"
     type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
     parameter=".public.welcome">
   </action>

Tim Christopher