Bryan and Angela wrote:
If you look at the exception, it is saying that you are having a PKI configuration issue. It looks like you do not have your Certificate Authority (CA) configured. Your error appears similar to this error: http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=573918&tstart=60

You need to have some understanding of your PKI setup to fix the issue. I didn't see what version of Tomcat you are using, but here is a guide: http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

Thanks for that, but again, I think I've ruled that one out. My logon screens all work with SSL; the problem only comes up when I try to include a header file! If I just use all-one-the-same-page-JSPs I do not have problems. I was hoping I was doing something obviously silly when importing the header.

Simple. But when it loads as part of my 'ui' app I get this:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception opening resource https://1.2.3.4:8443/ui/includes/header.jsp: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

I can see that SSL is involved, but I was able to get past the login pages etc so I don't understand what Struts/Tomcat is trying to tell me here; any advice?

If it helps, I can load https://1.2.3.4:8443/ui/includes/header.jsp manually just fine.

-- David Kennedy Swan Labs http://www.swanlabs.com