Ted,

I am not sure that you read what I said, Ted.  What you say seems
almost like you read another post.  The actual code I was talking
about has been written a long time ago.  I was talking about
discussing the possibility of an interface with Struts ActionForm.
This is the only point of the discussion, really, and seem to be
completely missed.  The wish list was for Struts to accommodate this
code, which exists and is in use.  I can only use all this
functionality by not using ActionForm.  So, I have been discussing
with the people who are essentially doing the upload stuff how I might
make this useful.  The answer is that I should do what I am trying to
do and should do what I already have done.  That is not helpful.

Jack

<SNIP>
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 18:42:38 -0500, Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:56:02 -0800, Dakota Jack wrote:
> > Hope this is helpful.  If not, please understand it was meant to be
> > helpful.
>
> Wish lists like this are mildly interesting, but what's helpful is when
> people give back to the community by creating new extensions.
</SNIP>

No sure what you mean by "new extensions" here.  If you mean the
upload application, it cannot extend Struts because Struts has welded
ActionForm to an inconsident class.  That was what I was trying to
talk about.  The topic now has been changed and probably never will go
back to what was intended.  This is typical of my efforts.  I try to
discuss these things.  Someone does not read what I said and responds
to something fairly irrelevant.  That is the end of it.

<SNIP>

> A Struts Upload extension would probably be interesting to a lot of people.
> But someone who uses one must be the one to create it.
</SNIP>

As I said in my posts, I have done that already.  In spades.

<SNIP>
Just like when Steve created ssl-ext, and Hubert created FormDef, and
Frank created WS,  and Don created Scripting, and once upon a time,
when David created Validator and Cedric created Tiles.

</SNIP>

Just like when I created this upload application, and could not get
anyone to discuss the possibility of getting an interface to use
ActionForm with it?  ///;-)

<SNIP>
> All of us are writing applications. The difference is that a few kind souls
> package their stuff to share with others.
>
> -Ted.
</SNIP>

No sure what the point is here.  Really, I am not.  I try to get to a
point where I can offer something and get these backhanded slaps for
reasons that are not at all clear.  I would be better off in you
rmind, I guess, in not offering a thing?

Are you saying I should have written the application to fit ActionForm
even though that did not meet requirements?

Here is what you are not hearing, I think.  I am trying to say that
there is a way to plugin multipart and ActionForm to allow others to
make submissions to Struts.  I suggested what is required.  That has
resulted in this fairly strange response, which leads me to think you
really did not read what I said, or I really am bad at saying what I
mean, or you read what I said with such a jaundiced eye that you read
what I did not say, or ?????? who knows?  One thing is for sure: this
is an odd response to someone trying to figure out how to help.

Jack

~Dakota Jack~