I don't have the best answer, but I've got two ideas for you.

One is to remember that the ActionMapping (which inherits from ActionConfig) instance is available to the setup action before you transfer control to your JSP. Not sure if that would help or not.

Also, I found it very helpful to override a RequestProcessor method (such as processPath) and print all the request, session and application scoped attributes out to the console for each request during development. If I recall, something pretty close to what you want is available as an attribute in some scope, but I can't exactly remember the key. Checking the "constant field values" page in the API docs might help, but I found it easier to just print them all out and see for myself.

Erik

Ben Taylor wrote:

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to extract the name of the
current action from within a JSP? ie. /welcome.do, or
/secure/login.do...  Is there a tag that can do this - maybe within
one of the additional tag libraries?

Thank you in advance.