What isn't exactly true?

Dakota Jack wrote:
This is not exactly true.  Again, see the code I posted to Frank
yesterday under the thread Re: Here's a question for yous...

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 00:50:26 +0100, Günther Wieser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

i don't want to stop your motiviation here, but a problem might be that
there's no "hidden" file input field. and if it's not a file input field
it's useless as we need the browser to do all the encoding of the content
into multipart/mime etc.....

is it possible to add input elements using java in way that they don't get
rendered?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Frank W. Zammetti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 01. März 2005 00:45
An: Struts Users Mailing List
Betreff: Re: AW: Multi-select file chooser

Ah, didn't see this until I posted that form code :)

This is what I was talking about with the "better ways to present the UI "
comment.  I would have to test it, but I *think* you should be able to have
a single <file> element that is visible, with a number of hidden ones, and
for each file you select with the visible one you actually populate a hidden
one.  Maybe have a listbox that the files get added to, and the user can
remove existing items or add new ones, something along those lines (I'm
thinking out loud here).

There might be some scripting security issues there, I'd have to play a bit,
but I suspect it might work.  That would give you your single browse and
upload button like you want.

If this is something that is interesting to enough people, I would mind
throwing a real tag together with some options and such, perhaps a couple of
different UI presentations, etc.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Rakefet Bitton wrote:

Frank W. Zammetti <fzlists <at> omnytex.com> writes:

You can have as many <file> elements in a form as you want, and you
can process them all at once.  My web host (LunarPages) has a decent
file manager, one of the functions it has is the ability to upload up
to 12 files at a time.

I don't know of any single tag to render such a form, but that's
really what you need, and it should be trivial to write (although I'd
bet it exists somewhere).  It's the server-side processing that
*could* be tricky (although I think Commons Upload would deal with it
just fine, probably give you a collection or something, I forget what
the interface looks like.)

Yes, you can have as many <file> elements as you want on a form. But wouldn't you have a "browse" button for each <file> element? What I was hoping is that when the user selects the "browse" button and the file chooser comes up, they could select more then 1 file. Do you know

how I might do this?

Thanks,
Rocky Bitton

-- Frank W. Zammetti Founder and Chief Software Architect Omnytex Technologies http://www.omnytex.com