IIRC, doing something like...

<script>
  function sendXML() {
    obj = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
    obj.open("POST", "http://www.nothing.com/page.do";, false);
    obj.send(myXML);
  }
</script>
<head>
<input type="button" onClick="sendXML();">

...will result in the XML being sent as the request's body content, which
means that you should be able to get at it through the request object.
Just submit to an Action that doesn't use an ActionForm (to avoid
auto-population), and access the XML through request manually.  I don't
think you need any special Struts extensions or anything.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect