Hello,

I am having trouble creating the client-side JavaScript for a custom validator. Basically, the validator checks if the user input matches one of a set of 3 strings. I've written the server-side code but need help with the JavaScript.

I have looked at the standard validator-rules.xml file for examples, but I still have questions. For example, the validateMask function creates a new Mask object, but I don't see where this constructor is located and what exactly it does.

I've searched for documentation on this topic, but all materials I've found have glossed over the topic. Could someone give me a brief explanation or point me to one?

thanks,
Jennifer