On 2005-03-03 21:31:43 -0500, Paul Tomsic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

  What is the preferred way to obtain errors on a
  ValidatorForm now that ActionErrors is mostly
  deprecated?
    Is there a better way to do this:
  ActionErrors errors = myForm.validate(mapping,
  request);
          if(!errors.isEmpty()) {
              saveErrors(request, errors);
              return mapping.findForward("failure");
          }
    I've got like 1000's of deprecation warnings now.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks

I think the only call in your code that is deprecated is:

saveErrors(request, errors);

The replacement method that takes ActionMessages (now the parent class of ActionErrors) is in the Action but your code doesn't pick it up because it uses the more specific deprecated saveErrors. When the deprecated method is removed (and I have no idea when that will be) from Action, the warnings will go away and your code will continue to function w/o modification (at least respect to this call). There are probably some other ways to avoid the error, (for example you could do the same thing that saveErrors is doing) but that would be a worse solution IMO.

-Bill Siggelkow