Are you using HTTP BASIC authentication? If you get a login dialog box,
as opposed to a login web page, you are probably using HTTP BASIC
authentication. If so, the browser remembers the login and automatically
sends it to the app with each request, which will log the user in again
if they revisit a page after logging out.

FORM-based authentication does not have this issue. So one resolution
would be to switch to form-based authentication.

To stay with BASIC, I think you could delete/expire the auth cookie as
part of the logout action. I haven't tried this before, but it seems
like it might work.

Tell us more about your authentication system and we can help you find a
solution to the problem.

-Max