Hi folks,
In my tile definition file I put an attribute with its
value, in the jsp that uses this definition I
attempted to put the same attribute in with another
value.  However , the default value always shows up at
the end.  Is there a way that I can provide a default
value for a tile attribute but also overwriting it in
different jsps?
thanks

tiles-def file:
<definition name="common.default"
path="/layout/defaultLayout.jsp" >

<put name="param1" value="default"/>
</definition>

the jsp file that uses the tile definition:
<tiles:insert definition="common.default">

        <tiles:put name="param1" value="try to overwrite"/>

</tiles:insert>

defaultLayout.jsp: (only showing the relevant part)
<tiles:getAsString name="param1"/>