Nicolas,

Can you provide any metrics for the benchmarks when comparing Spring to AspectWorks? What exactly does "not good for Spring" mean?

/robert

Nicolas De Loof wrote:

I get such a case recently : we are using Spring as IoC container. On some situation we use a simple AOP interceptor.

Our customer have found on the net a benchmark comparing Spring vs AspectJ vs AspectWerkz. The bench result was not good for Spring (compared to AspectWerkz). The technical reason has no interest here, but my customer has warned us on this and expected us to make load test to confirm good application response-time (such load-tests had to be done in any case...).

Here is an example why we may not use some framework or function, not because it isn't the best, but just because customer doesn't agree (for some reason that may not be technical).

For info, load-tests have demonstrated Spring was good enough for us...

Nico.

Fogleson, Allen a écrit :

I think the biggest argument was stated by Nicolas.

I use struts because I like it sure, but I really use it because it is
the framework that the client will accept and pay for and my developers
know best.
We recently used (portions) of Spring on a project and had a heck of a
time getting the client to accept the app during user testing. Granted
there were a bunch of other issues with this particular client that went
against "best practices" but the major sticking point was Spring. (note
we didn't even use the MVC part of spring even, just the beanfactory
stuff)

Struts has of course gained popular acceptance so clients really don't
think much about it when you say you are using it, vs something else.
Al