Nils Liebelt wrote the following on 3/10/2005 3:10 PM:

- You make up your model. I use UML. - Look for a case tool where you can generate some code. Poseidon is
great.
- Put in the your xdoclet tags for the mapping. - Put in your xdoclet tags for the form beans.
- May be write a couple conversion classes from form beans to
businessobjects and from businessobjects to DB.
- Write an Interface for Querying your objects the way you need them.

That's it. Straight forward! 28 tables and not a single line of SQL. But it
is not about SQL.

Did you get to create the tables after you made up Model? That's a big difference than a huge majority of cases where you don't have that luxury of starting from scratch on the DB design. And that big difference makes a difference in how easy it is to use you a strict object only approach. You can brag about no SQL, but show me that same bragging of 'ease' where you have to work on a project where you can't start from scratch on the DB model.

--
Rick