Hello,

I have a login that I call and displays its initial presentation. I am using
the <html:form action="login.do"> line for when I submit its values.

But I want to put in some default values into the initial presentation. So upon
reading about
type="com.ddi.dealer.bean.LoginForm">

Because in my struts-config.xml I have the following two sections

  <form-beans>
    <form-bean name="loginBean" type="com.ddi.dealer.bean.LoginForm" />
  </form-beans>

  <action
    path="/login"
    input="/jsp/login.jsp"
    type="com.ddi.dealer.action.LoginAction"
    name="loginBean"
    scope="request"
    validate="true">
    <forward name="Success" path="/jsp/welcome.jsp" />
    <forward name="Failure" path="/jsp/login.jsp" />
  </action>

So I was hoping that that form line would call, create new loginBean and show
the data in my initial feed.

The submitting is good, It was just something I am not understanding.

Anyone know why that does not work?

Thanks,
Scott