What about to lists
the first one is the source list, the second one the "selected" list.

You can select an item and send it via javascript to the second list.
On submit everything is updated.

Regards

Sebastian Hennebrueder

----

http://www.laliluna.de

Tutorials for JSP, JavaServer Faces, Struts, Hibernate and EJB

Vamsee Kanakala wrote:
Hello,

       I have been mulling over how to provide a simple way of
multi-select. Some  how, I'm not very comfortable with providing the
normal way of enlarged drop down list, which the users have use
Ctrl+click to select. The reason is that this becomes messy when they
come back to edit their selections.

       The only other option I see is to provide bunch of checkboxes.
Is there any other way of providing a simple way of doing multi-select
in an edit-friendly way?

TIA,
Vamsee.