At least in IE:

projectForm.estStaffCost.value

...will get the value of the textfield. In fact, looking in the DOM inspector in Firefox, it is true there too. Seems "nested forms" is a bit of a misnomer... seems the elements of the second form show up in the object tree of the first.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

jelything wrote:
I have a struts 1.1 form with a nested form.  I need to access
textareas with javascript, but am not hitting the right syntax.  Can
anyone help me out?

The main form is 'projectForm'. The nested form is 'projectStobsForms'.
The textfield I'm trying to read/write is 'estStaffCost'.

I've tried:

window.opener.document.projectForm.projectStobsForms[1].estStaffCost.value

and

window.opener.document.projectForm.elements[projectStobsForms[1].estStaffCost].value

And neither works.  Any suggestions are, as always, much appreciated.

.