> Like I said, I'm not really sure why the
> redirect = "true" would give me
> problems, but as soon as I changed it to
> false everything worked.

Joel,

In a nutshell: the 'redirect="true"' causes a message to go back to the
client's browser telling it to ask for another page.  This causes the
request to end and anything in the request scope to be lost.  Setting
'redirect="false"' in your forward lets Struts pass control (internal to the
server) over to the JSP so it preserves anything in the 'request' scope.
The client's browser knows nothing about this --- it just waits for
something/output from the server.  As far as the browser knows, the 'action'
is the one giving it the answer.  This is how some programmers secure their
JSP's under /WEB-INF and use actions to 'reach' the pages, preventing any
pages requiring beans or pages with scriptlets from being accessed without
the proper setup or security involved.

Regards,
David