Are you familiar with synchronizer tokens? Basically, you insert a hidden variable (a unique string) into your form when the user requests the form page. On the server side, you track that same string in the session for that user. When the form is later submitted, you check that the token embedded in the form matches the one you expect for that user (from the session). If they match, you immediately remove the session token, and begin processing the request. If any subsequent requests come in from the same form (a "duplicate submission"), you will now get a mismatch, as the session token is now gone, and you can choose to ignore those or possibly send an error response.

If you think this might help, Struts has some built-in support for synchronizer tokens.

I'm not sure if this applies well to your situation. Hope it helps.

Erik

mah bub wrote:

Hi,

I'm very new to this web based solution devlopment. I manage to
develop a solution using Struts/SQL Server/XSLT/XML for a retail shop
in our country.

Some of the reports are very highly resource needed and the users some
times pree 2/3 times on the same button to generate the report.

Is there any option to avoid this or is it possible to cancle the old
processing and use the new one like windows/swing based applications
can do.

I would be happy if anyone feel to clearify me about this.

Regards,

Mahbub