Hijack alert!

At 11:09 AM -0500 3/18/05, Rick Reumann wrote:
Well, actually I like to have my own validate() method in each of my Dispatch Actions. I don't like having the framework call validate for me. One of the main reason is that if I'm in my action and I manually call my own action's validate() method then, if validation fails, I can make sure my prep method is always called. I wrote about this here http://reumann.net/struts/articles/request_lists.jsp and at the end I give an example of what I like to do. (I'm curious, in that approach you came up with, if validation were to fail, would the extra 'setup' that you added to the action mapping be called? If so, that would be very nice! if not then I'd still end up having to use my prep/set up method).

This is one of the reasons I like a design which associates prep logic with the destination (forward) instead of the action/request.

If that's the only reason you validate in your actions instead of in the framework, maybe you'd like it too...

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Narrow minds are weapons made for mass destruction" -The Ex