It allows you to handle simple validations outside of the Action
class, which would only be called when there's data that can be passed
to the business tier (which may, among other things, perform business
validation).  Also, as the Validator plugin shows, it enabled
declarative validation.  So now, we don't even have to write
validation code in our action forms.  By the time execution reaches
the Action object, it can go straight to conversion without having to
worry about ParseException or NumberFormatException.

Hubert