I'm not sure what you mean by JSTL 2.0.  Did you mean JSP 2.0?  If you're
really trying to use Struts in a JSP 2.0 container, then don't use Struts-EL.
In that environment, the Struts tags will use the EL natively, and you'd use
the JSTL version compatible with JSP 2.0 (not the one compatible with JSP 1.2).
 If you try to use Struts-EL in that environment, you'll get messed up.