Cheers, I've manged to get the ticks appearing now...  However
although they load fine on the first load they do not move after that.
 i.e. I can change which ones are selected and it'll go off and update
the db but when I load the page again the origonal ticks are still
shown.

I've tried calling setting the String[] to null as well as each value
to "false" but nothing seems to work :o(