From: Scott Purcell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 23 March 2005 13:56
To: Struts Users Mailing List; Richard Bywater
Subject: HTML Tag Users Guide

Hello,

following up with my select-list issue, I ended up with this next question.
First off, I have been referencing the HTML tag users guide. But to be
honest, it does me little use, as it does not show how to use the
html:select tags, etc. Some make sense, but most do not. I am probably like
others, I like to see examples, and put the logic together in that way.

Finally late last night I was able to get the select-list stuff to work, but
it was through a hack and stealing of code. I ended up using something that
was a "LabelValueBean" and passing it values.

I own the O'Reilly struts book, and have read it many times, and through
this, I understand how the framework works. The book is great at getting an
understanding of the framework, but it does not go into any detail of using
tags within the framework. The problem I am having now, is that I am wasting
a ton of time with the logic: html: and bean: tags. I can populate my
ActionForms, pass off to the Action  classes, but I am having trouble, or a
lack of understanding, how to cleanly populate my JSP pages from the
ActionForms for lists, selects, etc.

Does anyone know of any books, or links that spend some time on combining
all these tags, struts, etc to create a full streamlined struts application?
I shopped Amazon last night, but none seem to stand out for myself.

Thanks,
Scott