Hi,

I'm having a really weird problem. This is the first time I use the
Validator. I expected to have some problems with client side
validations, but what I found was client side validations are working
but server side validations aren't!!

The fact that client-side validations work, I think, means that I've
done the configuration correctly. But why isn't it doing anything on the
server side?!!!

I made sure that validate is set to true on my action tags. I double
checked everything else and I believe everything is done correctly. Any
ideas?

validator-rules.xml --> the default

validation.xml has only a single formset element

   <formset>

      <form    name="applicantForm">
         <field    property="applicantId"
                   depends="required">
         </field>
         <field    property="nameA"
                   depends="required">
         </field>
      </form>

   </formset>

struts-config.xml

  <form-beans>
    <form-bean name="applicantForm"
type="ae.gov.dphq.traffic.eng.actions.ApplicantForm"/>
  </form-beans>
  <action-mappings>
    <action path="/applicant" type="some.package.ApplicantAction"
name="applicantForm" input="/tps/applicant.jsp" scope="request"
validate="true">
      <forward name="search" path="/applicantSearch.do"/>
      <forward name="add" path="/applicantAdd.do"/>
      <forward name="update" path="/applicantUpdate.do"/>
      <forward name="delete" path="/applicantDelete.do"/>
    </action>
  </action-mappings>
  <controller
processorClass="oracle.jbo.html.struts11.BC4JRequestProcessor"
contentType="text/html;charset=windows-1256"/>
  <message-resources
parameter="ae.gov.dphq.traffic.eng.ApplicationResources"/>
  <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
    <set-property property="pathnames"
value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml"/>
  </plug-in>

I don't have any validate methods in my ApplicantForm class which
extends ValidatorForm.

Every help is appreciated.