http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html

It mentions the trimSpaces on that page.

Eain Mat wrote:
yes I can remove blank line in source <c:out></c:out> but this will cause less readability in code.

I like the option to trim whitespace in web.xml. can you please provide me more information or reference?
Eain

Jason Lea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I do this sort of thing:

%>%>%>

So that there are no blank lines for those parts.

also for tomcat 5.5 (not sure when it was added) there is an option in
the default web.xml

between   -->
[false]     -->

Which gets rid of whitespace when it compiles the JSP page.

Eain Mat wrote:

let say I included some tag library in my jsp and everytime, I have a blank line in my source, I will have a blank line in response too. Is there way to strip off or filter out those blankline.
Eain

--
Jason Lea