Yuniar Setiawan wrote the following on 3/23/2005 6:57 AM:
There is a good example at
http://www.reumann.net/struts/ibatisLesson1.do about this. download
the sample war and look inside.

Actually as Leon pointed out to me, my example isn't that good for Exception handling. (Sorry I wrote it fast and was lazy:)

Do NOT follow that example as a 'best practices' for Exception handling - it's anyting but good for that. (The example is more for a demo of using the basics of a struts-iBATIS-Dao integration - but I definitely cut corners in places).

One example is in the Action, even though I use a service class (which really is a facade if I have my design pattern names correct), I don't catch a "ServiceException" in my Action but instead I catch a DAOException. I think it best to insulate yourself in the Action from anything related to the DAO and instead just catch some ServiceException(maybe call it DataAcessFacade vs service would be better also).

--
Rick