An utter shot in the dark here..

I'm trying to force the printing of language names into their native
languages. That is to say English is "English" and French would be
"francais".

I realize that if I know what language I want to put display it in, I don't
_really_ need a bean:message tag, but it's far more readable than putting
Unicode into the web pages themselves since I do this every where else.

(No, the locale= attribute doesn't take a language parameter. It wants a
session scoped bean with a Locale object).

So is there a way to force a specific language to be used in a
<bean:message> tag?