On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:44:21 -0600, Joe Germuska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jack wrote:
> >Ted will tell you that only code matters.  But, I think some things
> >other than just code matter to some of the people involved.
>
> While Ted can speak for himself, I don't think that he'd tell you
> that.

OK, here's Ted speaking for himself :)

It's good that people make helpful posts on the lists that answer
other people's questions

It's better when people submit patches to the code or documentation,
to help reduce the number of questions people need to ask in the
future.

Here's a good example: I posted something to the list. Martin liked
it, and so he copied it to the wiki.

* http://wiki.apache.org/struts/WhyChain

It was good that I made the post. But Martin did me one better by
copying it to the wiki, where it will be easier to find.

Likewise, Craig did a good thing when he made this post to the Tomcat list:

* http://jakarta.apache.org/site/contributing.html

Someone else [let's say, ahem, me :)], made it an even better thing by
copying it to the Jakarta site, so that is not lost in the list
archive.

The list is a great starting point for everything. But it's only a
start. It's follow through that makes the difference.

-Ted.