From: Frank W. Zammetti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:06 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Cc: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Re: [OT] edit HTML code on fly using java

If your HTML is valid XHTML, you should be able to apply XSLT
transformations on it without too much trouble.  But, this would be an
expensive operation per request, probably a VERY expensive one at that,
so
if it is something that is going to happen frequently I wouldn't go this
route.  In fact, if it is anything other than trivial changes and it
will
be frequent (on every single request?), my first instinct would actually
be to use string manipulations because I think you would be hard-pressed
to find something else that performs well enough (assuming your code was
relatively tight of course).  I'm sure something is out there, but if
we're talking something that happens every request, I'd certainly want
maximum control over it.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect