Niall Pemberton wrote:

I believe you should be able to do this already, since you can define
different factories for different bundles. So you could have your regular
standard properties files, but then define a DB bundle with your own factory
as well.

Something like this in the struts-config.xml....

<message-resources parameter="myPackage.ApllicationResources" />
<message-resources key="dbBundle"factory="myPackage.MyDbResourcesFactory" />

Then you use the "bundle" attribute on the JSP tags to use your custom db
bundle...

<bean:message key="something" bundle="dbBundle" />

Ah, but without access to the struts-config.xml, and the messages are being retrieved within an Action, not a JSP.

Basically I have classes instantiated at run-time that can do magic things. When the magic breaks, I need ActionErrors.

Part of it is that I just haven't had the time to dig down far enough into the stack to see how easy/hard this is.

I'm not yet sure that I can use the framework as it is to do what I need to do. No time. *sigh* I posted about this a few weeks ago and haven't had time to follow up on the few answers I received. Concisely, I need to be able to dynamically render form elements that are defined outside the system, validate them, and process them.

Dave